The following is a growing list of organizations serving the job shop and contract manufacturing industry.. These groups have great resources to learn more about your specialty area. Join an association, attend a trade show, subscribe to newsletters, network – all great ways to build your business. If you have an organization you’d like to share with fellow readers, let me know and I’ll add it.
- Fabricators and Manufacturers Assoc. International FMAI
- International Assoc. of Machinists and Aerospace Workers IAM
- Machinery Dealers National Association MDNA
- Manufacturers Assoc. for Plastics Processors MAPP
- Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association MEMA
- National Assoc. of Manufacturers NAM
- National Electrical Manufacturers Assoc. EMA
- National Tooling and Machining Assoc. NTMA
- Open Device Vendors Assoc. ODVA
- Precision Machined Products Assoc. PMPA
- National Centre of Manufacturing Sciences NCMS
- Robotics Industries Assoc. RIA
- Semiconductor Industry Association SIA
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers SME
- Injection Molding Div. Society of Plastics Engineers SPE
- Tooling and Manufacturing Assoc. TMA
The following organizations have a great deal of safety information and guidelines to assure your employees are safe and your shop is compliant.
- American Society of Safety Engineers: Safety ASSE
- National Assoc. of Manufacturers: Workplace Safety NAM
- OSHA Small Business Guidelines: OSHA
Manufacturing software reviews
Read independent reviews of the industry’s leading software solutions for job shops and contract manufacturers.
- Software Advice: Compare manufacturing software software softwareadvice.com